Policies & Procedures
- All Dealers must be licensed by their state, and registered at this auction before doing business. Dealers should try to register in advance of sale day to expedite registration.
- Z66 will issue bidder badges which will be used for admittance and all transactions.
- All units purchased must be test driven and paid for by the end of the business day.
- Buyer must pay for vehicles the day of the sale. Checks will be held until title comes in. A single check written for multiple vehicles will be deposited when first title arrives.
- All titles submitted by seller must be in the seller’s company name.
- All transactions must clear through the office.
- No vehicle will be offered for sale that has an altered or missing VIN plate.
- Buyer is responsible for verifying serial number, model year, and mileage reading on all purchases before leaving sale. Seller is responsible to insure a vehicle is properly offered for sale at the block. The auction will not be responsible for administrative error.
- It is the seller’s obligation to correct any errors made by the auction as to announced “Conditions.” It is the buyer‘s obligation to watch lights and listen to announced “Conditions.“
- The auction does not guarantee the year of any foreign car, house trailer, motor home, boat, boat motor, antique, dune buggy, or motorcycle. Satisfy yourself before settlement, as the auction will not become involved inany subsequent dispute.
- All cars must have a gate pass before leaving premises.
- “IF”sales are binding until END OF BUSINESS, SALE DAY. After this time period “IF” sales maybe refused by the buyer.
- “OUTSIDE SALES” -The auction will not become involved in any arbitration procedures or be responsible for any defects on units sold outside of the sale.
- The auction does not guarantee any warranty books or plates.
- No foreign titles accepted.
- Frame damage or frame repair must be announced on any and all units sold- failure to do so will void sale.
- The auction reserves the right to void any transaction.
- The auction will require a seller to take back any vehicle with a documented odometer roll-back problem.
- Cars are left on the auction premises at owner‘s request and risk. The auction shall not be held responsible for loss or damage, even though the keys and car may be placed in the auction‘s custody for services which are made available to customers on these terms.
- Any customer responsible for bringing a retail customer to the auction will be subject to being barred.
1. Oklahoma dealers cannot reassign an out-of- state title. If an Oklahoma dealer brings an out-of- state title to the auction they must also bring a completed Vin Inspection and Oklahoma Reassignment along with the out of-state title. Indian titles are considered out-of-state titles.
2. Any title brought in with a seller’s signature already signed must be notarized. The auction CANNOT notarize an individual’s signature where the individual is not present.
3. All titles with a lien entered on the face of the title must have the lien release attached.
Green Light – “Ride & Drive” – subject to all arbitration policies.
Yellow Light – “Announced Exceptions” – selling dealer must announce exception to the vehicle. All arbitration rules apply except the “announced exceptions”.
Red Light – “As Is” – sold with no arbitration except for a problem with the title being branded or late or if vehicle has frame damage or if air bags are missing from vehicle.
Green Light Vehicles
Subject to Arbitration Unless Announced
$85.00 fee will be charged to the loser of the arbitration
1. Motor -Any part inside the motor is subject to arbitration with the exception of lifter noise.
Examples: Rod knock-HeadGasket-lntake Gasket – etc. Any part that bolts onto the outside of the engine is not arbitratable.
- A buyer will now be able to arbitrate a vehicle for an engine miss; HOWEVER, the only mechanical part of the engine that will bearbitratable is internal engine parts. 266 will have a compression test done on the engine, if the engine passes the compression testthen the vehicle will NOT be turned town and the sale will NOT be voided. If the engine fails the compression test then the vehicle will be turned down and the sale will be voided. ANY EXTERNAL ENGINE PARTS CAUSING A MISS WILL NOT BE ARBITRATABLE. This newpolicy is intended to protect a buyer from buying a “green light” vehicle that has a miss due to a dead cylinder.
- Lifter noise is not arbitratable
- Any vehicle on a green light must have proper fluids in the engine
- Transmission – Slip/ Slow / Hard/ No Shift/Whine
- Rear- end – Gear noise onlyDrive-trains on front wheel drive and four wheel drive.
2. Drive-trains on front wheel drive and four wheel drive.
3. Odometer working – Day of sale only.
4. Air Bags Deployed – Day of Sale Only- No arbitration for air bag light.
5. Any arbitration price adjustment eliminates arbitration for further mechanical defects.
6. Frame damage or frame repair (not including frame damage resulting from normal use: scratches, scrapes, jack or lift marks not resulting from accident) must be reported to the auction within 7 days after purchase.
7. Any unit unsafe to drive is arbitratable.
8. No arbitration on the following: power accessories computer control units, radios-stereo system, cruise control, front ends, back lash, convertible tops, CV joints, air conditioning, or brake wear.
9. The auction will not be responsible for transportation or other expenses on a returned vehicle.
10. No arbitration on CVT Transmissions unless unit will not pull itself.
11. No arbitration on DieselMotors/Exhaust.
12. No arbitration on 5.4 3 valve motors
12. No arbitration will be accepted on anything considered a wear and tear item. Including but not limited to (timing chains, belts, tires, lights,hoses).
14. $1000 threshold for repairs on any one item.
15. Automatic Red light $2500
Please examine cars before bidding and be familiar with all announced conditions of the unit. Cars should not be road tested until buyer has the proper sales receipt for release from the lot. Do not test drive unit on lot. Please examine the serial number plate, and the mileage reading before leaving the sale. Listen to all calls at the block, look at all visible items. We suggest that you not sell or repair vehicle until title is received; there are no guarantee for reimbursement on monies spent on the vehicle.
*It is the buyer‘s responsibility to follow through on the final result of any “if’ sales.
Please have your units on the premises as early as possible, avoiding the last minute rush. Vehicles which are unsafe to operate will not be run through the auction lanes. Please represent your cars accurately and fairly. Be sure each vehicle has enough fuel to be test driven.
Telephone Registration : Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sale Day – Friday
- Please arrive one hour before unit is scheduled to run.
- Please have driver stay with unit until it is numbered and registered. Make sure driver knows the year and dealer’s company name for his unit. Sellers are responsible to insure all detailed information (year, make, model, engine, equipment, etc.) is properly represented. The auction will not be responsible for errors involving information provided by the seller.
It is the buyers responsibility to find out the results on any “IF” sale – for the buyer to have the opinion that they will not pay for a vehicle that they were not aware of purchasing on an “IF” sale is not acceptable with the Auction; if the “IF” sale was sold on Auction day the buyer will be required to pay for the unit.
Late Title / Car Return Policy
Oklahoma Law: By Oklahoma law, the seller must produce a title within 30 days of sale. After 30 days, the buyer has the option to bring the vehicle back for a full refund of the actual purchase price.
1. The seller has until the end of business on the 30th calendar day to provide the buyer a title.
2. The buyer must give 1 business day notice before returning a vehicle for late title and must verify with the auction that a title is not present at the actual time of return.
3. If a title has been received by the auction before the actual return of the vehicle, even if on the same day, the buyer must accept the title and keep possession of the vehicle.
4. Upon returning a vehicle, the buyer must present the keys to the vehicle to the front office.
5. ANY MONIES SPENT ON ANY VEHICLE BY THE BUYER BEFORE THEY RECEIVE A TITLE WILL BE AT THE COMPLETE RISK OF THE BUYER. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OR REFUND ON ANY MONEY SPENT ONA RETURNED VEHICLE.
Odometer Policy – Green Light Units
Sellers must announce from auction block the following:
- If odometer is not working properly.
- If there is any knowledge that mileage on vehicle is different than mileage on odometer (not actual miles).
- Mileage in excess of mechanical limits.
- Broken odometers, not actual miles, and mileage in excess of mechanical limits are specific conditions, and must be announced as separate conditions at the time of the sale as the condition warrants.
- Odometer readings must be in mileage, not kilometers.
- Vehicles ten years or older – mileage is EXEMPT.
- The auction will not become involved in mileage disputes on exempt vehicles.
- There are no required odometer announcements on “Red Light” vehicles.
Post Sale Inspections
- P.S.l.’s will only be specific to and include the same details as our arbitration policies.
- No PSI on vehicles 10 years or older
- Must have less than 120,000 miles for a PSI
- Good for 3 days for $85
Fridays @ 12:00