Sellers must announce from auction block the following:
- If odometer is not working properly.
- If there is any knowledge that mileage on vehicle is different than mileage on odometer (not actual miles).
- Mileage in excess of mechanical limits.
- Broken odometers, not actual miles, and mileage in excess of mechanical limits are specific conditions, and must be announced as separate conditions at the time of the sale as the condition warrants.
- Odometer readings must be in mileage, not kilometers.
- Vehicles ten years or older – mileage is EXEMPT.
- The auction will not become involved in mileage disputes on exempt vehicles.
- There are no required odometer announcements on “Red Light” vehicles.